Dosing InformationThe dose of Camptosar your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on:
- Your height and weight
- How you tolerate the medication
- Other medications you are taking (whether you are using Camptosar alone or in combination with other chemotherapy medicines)
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Camptosar Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of CamptosarJust like any medicine, Camptosar can cause side effects. In fact, most people will experience some type of side effect during Camptosar treatment. As with other chemotherapy medicines, the reactions can be severe. Talk to your healthcare provider about ways to help manage any problems you develop.
Some of the common side effects of this medication may include:
- Anemia (low red blood cell counts)
- Low white blood cell counts
- Low blood platelets
- Nausea and vomiting.
(Click Camptosar Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsCamptosar may potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Camptosar Drug Interactions).