General Information on Receiving EloxatinSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Eloxatin include the following:
- This medication is given as a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, infusion). It is given in combination with other chemotherapy medications once every two weeks.
- The injections are given by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting.
- You will receive each treatment course over two days. Eloxatin will be given on the first day only. It will take at least two hours to receive your entire Eloxatin dose.
- Your healthcare provider may recommend you take certain other medications before your Eloxatin dose to help prevent nausea and vomiting.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. The medication will not work as well if you miss doses.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Eloxatin dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.