Erbitux Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Erbitux side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction or an infusion reaction (a reaction that happens while receiving or soon after your dose), such as:
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Body aches
- Painful urination
- Severe diarrhea
- Chest pain or pressure, cold sweats, or dizziness
- Any skin problems, including:
- Severe dry skin
- Sores, blisters, pain, or swelling in the mouth
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Changes in mood or behavior, such as a low mood, depression, or anxiety
- Any skin changes, such as:
- Changes in the color, shape, or size of moles.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while receiving Erbitux or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.