Colon Cancer Home > Avastin Warnings and Precautions
Prior to taking Avastin, warnings and precautions for the drug should be reviewed with your healthcare provider. This includes telling him or her if you have a history of kidney disease or certain heart conditions, as well as if you are planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Avastin warnings and precautions also include possibly life-threatening side effects, such as reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome and gastrointestinal perforations.
Avastin: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Avastin® (bevacizumab) if you have:
- Heart disease
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any infection or fever
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Planning to have surgery.