Colon Cancer Home > Camptosar Overdose
If you receive too much Camptosar (irinotecan), it could lead to potentially serious problems, such as an infection and dehydration. The specific effects will depend on various factors, such as the amount that was given and whether it was combined with other drugs. Treatment for an overdose will likely include close monitoring for complications and treating any problems that occur.
Can You Receive Too Much Camptosar?Camptosar® (irinotecan) is a prescription medication given intravenously (by IV) to treat certain types of cancer. As with most medications, it is probably possible to receive too much Camptosar.
Symptoms of an OverdoseAn overdose with this medicine can cause an increase in the usual side effects. The most serious overdose symptoms are an abnormally low level of white blood cells and severe diarrhea. These problems could cause life-threatening infection and dehydration.
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Increased salivation (watery mouth)
- Constricted or shrinking pupils
- Flushing (sudden redness and warmth of the face, neck, and chest)
- Abdominal (stomach) cramping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe anemia
- Bleeding problems.