Colon Cancer Home > Vectibix Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Vectibix are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction or infusion reaction (a reaction that happens during or shortly after your dose), such as:
- Swelling of the mouth, tongue, face, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Lung problems, such as:
- Breathing difficulty
- Persistent cough
- Severe or persistent skin reactions or increased redness or swelling of the skin
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Body aches
- Eye irritation, swelling, or pain
- Changes in vision
- Diarrhea, particularly severe or prolonged diarrhea
- Signs of dehydration, such as:
- Decreased urination
- Dry mouth or lips
- Sunken eyes
- Sores, blisters, pain, or swelling in the mouth.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the Vectibix side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Vectibix or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.