Stivarga may react with several other medicines (see Stivarga Drug Interactions).
Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chest pain or heart problems
- Had a heart attack
- Plans to have surgery or dental work (such as a tooth extraction)
- Had a recent surgery
- Bleeding problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Stivarga and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Stivarga and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Stivarga Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
An overdose with this medication can cause a variety of potentially serious symptoms. Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on this medication.
(Click Stivarga Overdose for more information.)